Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Week 9: Two Months and Grant's Trip to Jacksonville

Sunday, December 7th, 2014

This week Grant turned 2 months old, and he is changing so much these days.  He has really filled out since he was born, and he has also developed his own little personality.  We took some more pictures with his dinosaur month ties, and some of our favorite ones are the outtakes of him crying.







Grant also made the trip down to the city of his father's birth, Jacksonville, FL.  We actually even stopped by my parents' old house, where I spent the first two years of my life.  I don't really remember anything about that house, but my parents showed me some pictures of me when I was a baby at that house.  Here are the past and present pictures of me at the old Jacksonville house.



We were also able to go to the church where I was baptized.  Here is Saint Catherine's Catholic Church back when I was baptized, and then again with me holding my son.



The stop at my parents' old house was just a bonus.  The real reason we came down to Jacksonville for the weekend was to celebrate Katie's good friend, Mabel, and her 30th birthday.  Another added bonus was that Nunu was able to make the trip to Jacksonville for the weekend.  The first day we were there we went to a Christmas parade in the city, Grant's first parade.





Later that night was Mabel's party.  And let me tell you it was quite the occasion, with a very extravagant dinner at the Italian restaurant, Maggiano's.  Mabel really outdid herself, with five different appetizers, and four different main course dishes, all served family-style.  It was DELICIOUS!  Grant dressed up and wore his pink bowtie.



It was a very fun trip down to the state where both of Grant's parents were born.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! So cute. I love the pictures and love seeing that you got to visit the house in Jacksonville.

    ReplyDelete